Ensure that persons/families of the Migrant population receive the correct type and amount of assistance they are eligible for. This is accomplished by interviewing the Migrant clients, assessing their needs, providing guidance and encouragement and making the proper referrals to assist with those needs. In addition, this position is also responsible for providing this special population with information about the requirements and expectations of DHHS concerning eligibility for financial assistance. These services are often provided as part of outreach to the migrant population at migrant camps, migrant service agencies, and other locations where farm workers are found.
This is a Seasonal position based on the number of weeks allocated to the local office.
Completion of two years of college (60 semester or 90 term credits).
Migrant Program Worker 8
No specific type or amount is required.
Migrant Program Worker 9
One year of experience equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker 8.
Migrant Program Worker E10
Two years of experience equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker, including one year equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker 9.Alternate Education and Experience
Completion of one year of college (30 semester or 45 term credits) and three years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including one year equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Four years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including two years equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education requirement.Additional Requirements and Information
This position is open to all but preference may be given to current MDHHS employees.
Competency in reading, writing, and communicating effectively in Spanish and English. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO READ, WRITE, AND SPEAK SPANISH FLUENTLY TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
These positions require possession of a valid driver’s license.
This a Seasonal position based on the number of weeks allocated to the local office.
This position is located at the Ingham County MDHHS Office. 5303 S Cedar St. Lansing, MI 48901
View the entire job specification at: job specification (Download PDF reader)
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on “Apply” in the job posting for instructions in submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- relevant experience and/or education referred to in supplemental questions must be documented in resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter describing what strengths and work experience you bring to this position.
- Attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar’s signature.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered.
Your application for any position does not guarantee that you will be contacted by the Department for further consideration. Only those applicants interviewed will be notified of the results.
The department reserves the right to close this posting prior to the original end date once a sufficient number of applications has been received.
Contact person for information about these positions: Amy Solak at SolakA@michigan.gov