Position Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Type: Board of Directors
Full-time with benefits package (paid time off, healthcare, retirement)
Salary Range: $55,000 – $75,000
The mission of Voces is to promote an inclusive society by providing Latino/Hispanic families with opportunities and resources that lead to individual and community transformation. Our values of collaboration, leadership, and cultural affirmation ensure that we serve the best, long-term interests of families through a variety of enrichment programs, intervention services, and cultural activities.
The Executive Director is a visionary and collaborative leader committed to social justice and inclusion. They are responsible to the Board of Directors to ensure that the strategic, operational and organizational objectives are accomplished. They uphold the organization’s values while leading and managing Voces according to the direction set by the Board of Directors. The Executive Director is a champion for the mission of Voces and serves as an effective advocate, administrator, fundraiser and community leader.
Successful candidates will read over the Essential Functions and Qualifications carefully to ensure the potential for a good fit. When you are ready to apply, please prepare and send the following documents to email@example.com (PDF format preferred):
- Resume/CV detailing all relevant educational, professional and volunteer experience, along with any certifications or notable skills
- List of three (3) professional references
- Cover letter explaining your interest in the position
- An additional writing sample (suggested length two (2) pages) in response to following prompt: Describe your connection to the Latino/Hispanic community. What is important to you about that connection, and how will it help you succeed as the Executive Director of Voces?
- Supervise day-to-day operations, oversee strategic direction and program development and management, and design administrative policies and procedures as needed.
- Serve as a trusted and effective advocate for the Latino community, being its public face and voice with a dedication to excellent communication skills, both verbal and writing.
- Guided by Voces’ core values, engage constituents in developing and expanding Voces’ programs to build on our community’s strengths and to address community needs, and monitor progress towards meeting those needs through evaluation and learning.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with diverse stakeholders and constituents through excellent interpersonal skills, including community members, funders and partner organizations locally, statewide and nationally.
- Collaborate with and support the Board of Directors, and prepare reports as needed for the Board of Directors, funders, state/federal authorities and partners.
- Supervise and support a dynamic team of staff members and volunteers in a way that promotes their professional growth and ability to effectively carry out the organization’s mission; oversee human resources.
- Serve as a model for staff and volunteers by showcasing excellent organizational, recordkeeping and computer skills, including the management of a cloud storage system (G Suite) and online customer database (Salesforce CRM)
- Oversee financial management and provide leadership in fund development and financial planning by developing and managing organizational and program budgets.
- Secure funding through grant writing to diverse funders, the development of special events, the cultivation of donors, and creating innovative business opportunities.
- Adapt to changing circumstances and ambiguity with a strong ability and willingness to learn new things, work across diverse areas, and to understand and creatively solve complex problems.
- Other duties as needed.
- Spoken fluency in both Spanish/English required. Written fluency in Spanish a plus, though not required. Bicultural identity and/or strong connection to Latino/Hispanic community preferred.
- Commitment to Voces’ mission and deep knowledge and experience working with the Latino/Hispanic community.
- Must be able to demonstrate from past personal and/or professional experiences a proven ability to successfully lead an organization. Past management experience strongly preferred.
The closing date for this job posting is Friday May 17, 2019. Strong applications submitted after May 17 may be considered, though their review is not guaranteed
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
Voces is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment that embraces the diverse talents and experiences of its people. The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Salary range and benefits are subject to adjustment. Employment is on an “at will” basis.