Position: Department Assistant
Date Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019
Last Day to Apply: April 12, 2019
Compensation: $40,973.56 – $49,168.25/annually
- Requires the ability to process department information, type documents, respond to callers, etc. This level of knowledge is normally obtained through successful completion of high school with additional course work in business and software applications. One or more years of post-secondary education is strongly desired. The work requires familiarity with office automation software and equipment. This level of knowledge is normally obtained in three or more years of progressively responsible office experience; requires valid vehicle operator’s license.
- Must possess computer skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, database software (Filemaker preferred) and similar software applications, and have the ability to learn new applications. Must possess general math skills.
- Must have ability to read and understand technical information and ability to compile information into a presentation format as well as proofreading ability. Must possess excellent communication skills including the ability to follow and give oral and written instructions accurately and have the ability to meet deadlines as required; requires ability to work effectively with the public, including developers, contractors, attorneys, and other members of the staff. Municipal experience in utility billing is desired.
- Performs a variety of highly confidential clerical and administrative tasks to support department operations. Responds to citizen inquiries, composes and types correspondence, processes paperwork, maintains department files and records, and may perform specialized administrative tasks.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; prioritize scheduling and work assignments; respond to a variety of requests, assume responsibility and work without direct supervision.
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance provided; pension after six months of continuous full-time employment; option to participate in deferred compensation plan, health savings account, flexible spending account, and vision insurance.
- Full-time position – primarily Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Flexibility in work schedule including working evenings or weekends may be required.
- Please send application and/or resumé to Linda Wells c/o Manager’s Office, Delta Township, 7710 W. Saginaw, Lansing, MI 48917. Applications may also be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 517-327-1703. Applicants may also pick up an application in the Manager’s Office on the Township’s website at http://www.deltami.gov/wp- content/uploads/2012/09/Employment-Application.pdf
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Delta Township is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff. Delta Township strongly encourages applications from minorities and women. It is the policy of Delta Township not to discriminate against because of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, physical or mental limitation, source of income, familial status, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Brian Reed, Township Manager, 7710 W. Saginaw Hwy., Lansing, MI 48917 (517) 323-8590.